Thread: Servo-drive for drawers and an unusual problem

Servo-drive for drawers and an unusual problem

For a couple of houses we are doing some higher end cabinets and for all kitchen drawers (which will be Blum Legrabox) we will be adding Servo-drive electric opening for all drawers/pull outs. I've sourced out a big shop with all CNC equipment to build all the boxes and fronts and they do most of the hardware installation as well. I will be installing some of the hardware (including these servo-drive systems) myself. Haven't done this before but have looked up the process, so doesn't seem complex.
    One issue I have is that for a base cabinet (36" wide) which will have a gas cook-top at the top then a 6" false front and then two 12" drawers at the bottom, the gas pipe is coming up from the floor at the far back of the cabinet is likely to interfere with the vertical support rail/profile for the servo-drive.
    Those that have installed this, will it be Ok if the servo drive is not completely center of the drawer? or should I try to move the gas pipe in the back to make the arms hit the back of the drawer center? I know the brackets for the support have top/bottom but can it be installed upside down with the arm being on the left side of the servo-drive instead of the other way around? This would mean the actual vertical profile will be to the right of the center instead of left of center if it would interfere with the location of gas pipe.
    Any advice from those experienced is appreciated.

Blog Entries
    I installed exactly one Blum servo drive in a trash/recycle bin in my son's kitchen. Probably no more experience than if I had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. All it does is give a nudge to the drawer to start it moving out. Even with two, it still wouldn't push it out to full extension. Frankly more of a conversation piece than a practical item, IMO. I don't see where being off center would be an issue, certainly not worth moving a gas pipe.
    NOW you tell me...

Thanks. I think we are going to make the drawers 500 instead of 550 to clear the gass pipe.