Thread: Highland Woodworking

Blog Entries

Highland Woodworking

I just received their Early Fall 2019 catalog. My wife and I were in Atlanta one time and we visited the store.
    I was in my second childhood in a toy store. If you ever get close to Atlanta, make it a point to visit the store.

Blog Entries
    I'd love to visit that place sometime, just as long as Charles Brock wasn't there. I find him extremely annoying and he NEVER shuts up.

Blog Entries
    If he was there when you went to the store, you would not hear much because you would once again be kid in a toy store.

I was there a couple of times. I even purchased my LN Jack plane there and some router bits and accessories.

It was a good experience but I was not so impressed. It is smaller than I expected and did not have the half the items I was looking for...

Blog Entries
    Lee Valley stores are a nice place to browse around.

Have they cleaned up the "drool" from the last time I was there? Used to, as a part of IWF trip, go over for a couple hours.

First time in even though I’ve purchased from them online. I was delighted to find so many high end tools in stock. I found Highland to be wonderful. I’m used to Woodcraft and Rockler, and while they serve most of my needs they don’t carry brands like Lie Nielson and they don’t have as much of the specialty high end items in their stores. They are more generalist and Highland is more specialized I feel like. All have their place. Just wish I lived closer to all 3.

30A196C9-B025-42C0-8724-885A184D8665.jpg

I order from Highland online. I have always been satisfied and enjoy doing business there.
    (I also enjoy doing business with LV, LN and Tools for Working Wood.)

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Strange fact of life. For the first 24 years of our marriage my wife's grandparents lived within a 10 minute walk of Highland Hardware (old name). I used to drive by it at least twice a month and would occasionally walk up and look around. It wasn't until her grandparents passed away and we moved out of state that I seriously got into woodworking. Talk about missed opportunities. Now it's a least a five hour round trip to visit.