Plans are under way to build and complete my new 30’ x 40’ workshop by June 2020. I’ve gotten many valuable insights from Sawmill Creek conversations about factors to consider when making these sorts of once-in-a-lifetime plans. Thanks to all of you.

If the following dust collection question has already been addressed in an earlier thread, please point the way.

My current dust collector consists of a mobile 1.5hp collector modified with a Wynn 1425c filter and an Oneida Super Dust Deputy.

I am a hobbyist woodworker and, in my current workshop setup, am comfortable with moving the 4-inch flexible hose from machine to machine as needed. My shop tools include:
Table saw
16” jointer/planer combo
Band saw
Chop saw
Router table
Drill press
Grinder
Mortiser
Lathe

If I improve dust collection at the source (for example, at the table saw, bandsaw, chop saw and so on), would I be able to achieve a level of dust collection with my 1.5hp setup that would compare favorably to the capacity of a 3hp or 5hp powered stationary system (with appropriate ductwork)? Or, if I stick with what I have, will I be spitting into the dusty wind?

Again, I appreciate being a member of this community.