Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Download Vectric Aspire Version 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mike DeRegnaucourt View Post
    I am on v9.5 of Aspire right now. I am thinking about upgrading to v10. Does anybody off the top of their head know the upgrade cost from v9.5 to v10?
    I believe it's $400, but it's simple for you to know your upgrade cost for sure by logging into your account on the Vectric site.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Perhaps a silly question. How much difference is there between V10 and an older version for the purpose of learning the software. I recently chatted with a couple of respected folks about CNCs, the software, etc. It seems reasonable to start learning the software, until I am ready to drop some major dollars on a CNC. But obviously the newest version is quite expensive as well. Hence the question. I assume one can always upgrade to the newer version.

V9.x is very similar to V10 and wouldn't compromise learning much. Prior to V9, while there are similarities, "where things are" in the display/menus can be very different and all of the configurable things within an operation may not be there or not be the same. Older software may not have the features used in some of the training exercises, too. V9 on got a lot more full featured. But you can get current trial software from Vectric which is usable for the training/learning, too...at no cost. I do believe you can transfer an older license, but if it's software obtained with a CNC machine (manufacturer bundling), it can only be transferred one time.
    --

Jim is right about the layout changes. I upgraded from v8.5 to v10. It took a little while to find a few things and get used to it. Overall, the software changes have been gradual. I think you can pick up the basic gist with any of the versions. I started with v4.5.

I have read that Vectric has a $50 fee to transfer software ownership. This would need to be checked with Vectric, but I believe the fee to upgrade is the same, e.g. 4 to 10, or 9 to 10. I know I didn’t pay a penalty when I went from 8.5 to 10, skipping v9 altogether.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Yes, the upgrade price is the same no matter what you're starting with as long as you have a valid license. They also don't penalize folks for upgrading levels later instead of buying "big" up front. The upgrade from VCP to Aspire is the same as the normal price difference, for example.
    --

Thank you.