Thread: Moving things around in the shop..

Moving things around in the shop..

Saw til got emptied out....had a spot cleaned out for it's new home..
    Dungeon Shop, junk pile.JPG to this..Dungeon Shop, junk pile gone.JPG to

Dungeon Shop, saw til, before.JPG
    Old location..to...
    Dungeon saw til, after.JPG
    21 saws were also wiped down, and cleaned up...old location then got a slab of plywood screwed down...
    Dungeon Saw til, mitre saw location 1.JPG
    Stanley No. 358 is out where I can break down boards to length...other 2 mitre boxes are just being stored, for now.
    Finger clamps are gluing a strip of Ash across the end...as a stiffener.
    Tablesaw is "parked" out of the way...can be moved aside, if I need access to the other mitre saws..
    Dungeon Saw til, Mitre saw 2.JPGandDungeon Saw til, mitre saw 3.JPG
    Not a whole lot of room on this side of the shop....

Need to build a better bottom shelf on the old lathe bench...old osb board had about faded away...may get a 2 x 12 and use it for the bottom shelf..we'll see..
    Right now...have something else going on in the shop..
    Dungeon Saw til, fog attack.JPG
    Getting tired of spider webs everywhere....have 2 more cans waiting to go....

I thought I had more saws than I need.

Blog Entries
    Indoor fogger seems like a good idea but does it have any downsides? My double garage/shop is home to quite a few crawling things that seem to jump out at me when I least expect it so fogging may be in my future. Does it stain wood or metal? I have used it in the house many years ago with no adverse effects but the shop is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas L Carpenter View Post
    Indoor fogger seems like a good idea but does it have any downsides? My double garage/shop is home to quite a few crawling things that seem to jump out at me when I least expect it so fogging may be in my future. Does it stain wood or metal? I have used it in the house many years ago with no adverse effects but the shop is a different story.
    They can leave a residue after they settle out of the air. The “Raid Fumigator dry smoke” is a better choice, leaves no residue and gets into places the other foggers don’t.

I set it right on the floor....haven't seen any "stains" from the fogger...

When I was moving the saw til, I took all the saws out of it....had to wipe every one down, due to dust and webs. Once the til was empty, I had to clean out a huge web/nest....

I may have to go back on that auction site....getting way too many saws. Been so long, I have even forgotten my passwords/name on the site....PayPal is long gone, was hacked, anyway...now I have a new card...kind of leery about setting PP up, again.

On the dining room table, there resides an Amazon shipping box.....stuff with all sorts of goodies. I need to sort through that 30 pounds of stuff, and start putting things away...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lawrence View Post
    I thought I had more saws than I need.
    Steve may have more saws than all of us combined need

But what is he to do? He is out minding his own business (walking around some huge swap meet) and there it is, $4 for three saws, two hand planes, and a yankee screwdriver.

Inventory Day..of the box upstairs, and a tool tote ( catchall)...
    Box?
    Inventory Day, starting point 1.JPG
    Tool tote?
    Inventory Day, starting point 2.JPG
    Tool tote is now airing out..
    Inventory Day, tote airing out.JPG
    Even a couple "power tools" were found..
    Inventory Day, leftovers.JPG
    Drill bit sharpener, and a WEN Wet Wheel grinder....there are 2 framing squares sitting there...
    Inventory Day, tool tote emptied.JPG
    Almost cleared up....table may be going to the curb....the white sack has about 7 bandsaw blades....I set aside a bit of lumber..
    Storage boxes, start up.JPG
    1/2" x 6" x 24" Pine. Going to make a few storage boxes with these. 1/4" plywood bottoms, and a raised panel lid....finger/box joints for the boxes corners. May do a Build-along post about that, IF anyone wants....

Ok, let's play find that tool....I am going to post a few photos of the inventory I found..first set will be from the Amazon Box.....then, the next post will be from the Tool Tote.....here we go..
    Inventory Day, first layer.JPGInventory Day, next 1.JPGInventory Day, next 2.JPGInventory Day, next 3.JPGInventory Day, last of the box.JPG
    And now the tool tote's stuff..
    Inventory Day, tool tote 1.JPGInventory Day, tool tote 2.JPGInventory Day, tool tote details 1.JPG
    have fun....BTW...there was a few things that went out to the curb, that I didn't include in these pictures.

And, the rest of the stuff from the tool tote..
    Inventory Day, tool tote biggies.JPG
    The "Biggies"....

Was unable to install that chain drill into the Breast drill's chuck..
    Inventory Day, tool tote biggies.JPG
    ..Squared section on the chain drill is 1/2" too long...at least.

"Crow Bar" is 24" long...easier to carry around. Used to have a 36" one, until the curved section snapped off...

Both hammers are Craftsman...red handle is the original handle.....replacement wood handle for the other....they are 17" long. Did a lot of form work, one for my tool belt, the other in the bucket as a spare.

Bolt cutters are from back then, too. We used a 6 x 6 Weld Wire panel for the flat work...when we didn't use layers of rebar....bolt cutters could both cut the wires, and bend the ends to tie the panels together.

There was a lot of wrenches, pliers, and normal screwdrivers in the mess....most of which went back into the Mechanics' Roll-around tool chest....with the socket sets and such. About every hand tool I needed, whether to work on cars, on work on injection molding machines....

Goal is once the tote has aired out, I load it back up, and set it on a shelf under the old lathe bench....as soon as I build the shelf, of course...

Not sure about the old walnut Coffee table...
    Inventory Day, tool tote emptied.JPG
    May just set it out at the curb.....