Thread: New dicated segment cutter for tilt wedges.

New dicated segment cutter for tilt wedges.

A gentleman asked me to take his tools since he was moving and not going to use them any more. Most of them I donated to local group doing home repairs. One of the things turned out to be a AMT table saw made in Royersford Pa. The group did not want it and I didn’t either, so I put it on Vintage Machinery web hoping someone would be interested – great price free. It had lots of lookers but no takers, so I decided to use it as dictated segment cutting sled for tilt cuts for 16 segment rings. Works fine. Here are some pictures with my mods. Only real issue was getting the rust off the table top and adapting a 5/8 hole blade to fit the ˝ arbor. Used a cut off from grinding wheel insert. I think the owner just use normal blade and let it run non centered. Any way having fun with the tilt.

20190907_093310_resized.jpg20190907_093243_resized.jpg

Does it actually say made in USA? I thought they only sold cheap import machines. The kind of stuff sold in Popular Mechanics in the day.

I could not see any tag. They perhaps imported the parts and assembled here. I don't remember seeing anything on Vintage Machinery about were made. For the new price from ads I have seen they were 25 - 30 dollars. Not meet todays standards but cut good wedges. Keeps me from having to change the angle on big saw.

Here is link to history:
    http://www.vintagemachinery.org/mfgi...ail.aspx?id=29
    Last edited by Bob Coates; 09-11-2019 at 3:42 PM. Reason: Added link to Vintiage Machinery

Interesting history, Bob. I have an AMT drill press and it has been excellent. I've had it for 30 years (purchased new in 1989). Everything still works as new. It's a big table top model. Not fancy, but runs true and has the power to cut thru 1/2" steel. As with many of these power tools, mfrs usually offer a range of size/capabilities/qualities from small table top to floor models.
    Last edited by tom lucas; 09-29-2019 at 9:49 AM.