Thread: Digital Wood Carver CNC Router

Digital Wood Carver CNC Router

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the Digital Wood Carver CNC Router? Is it as rigid as it needs to be?

Rigid as it needs to be for what...? It looks like a lightweight machine but that doesn't mean it won't cut the things shown in their promo video. But it probably does mean that you won't be able to take heavy, fast passes to hog material away or cut all the way through 1/2" Baltic Birch in a single pass.

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

I think I saw one of those at a woodworking show. It's not heavy duty, but for signs and small projects, it will probably do fine. To their credit, they do work with Vectric for the design/CAM software which is very transferable should one want to move up to a more substantial machine later, given Vectric supports a huge chunk of both the hobbyist and small to mid-size pro market for machines.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for the replies. That answers my question(s). I saw a used one for sale and was wondering if it was worth pursuing. It doesn't sound like it's something I would want. I don't want to invest in something that's going to be disappointing in it's capabilities.