Thread: remote

remote

I am in the middle of building 4 chairs, and a cupcake display, guest book and wedding box for my daughters wedding in 2 weeks, and I spent THREE HOURS looking for the miserable, no account, low down remote to the Powertech air filter. Never again!
    20190908_182255.jpg20190908_182303.jpg
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

I have 2 air filters with 2 remotes. I have one velcroed to my bandsaw which resides next to my tablesaw and one velcroed at the other end of the shop. I can turn them on from either end of the shop and they never get lost. Further, I have two remotes for my DC and have one hanging from a string at each end of the shop. I don't have problems locating them either!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    I am in the middle of building 4 chairs, and a cupcake display, guest book and wedding box for my daughters wedding in 2 weeks,
    Work safely. That kind of pressure can lead to hasty decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I have 2 air filters with 2 remotes. I have one velcroed to my bandsaw which resides next to my tablesaw and one velcroed at the other end of the shop. I can turn them on from either end of the shop and they never get lost. Further, I have two remotes for my DC and have one hanging from a string at each end of the shop. I don't have problems locating them either!
    Now ya tell me. Lol. At least the shop is cleaner than before I started looking.

It's always in the last place you look
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I have the remote control for my air filter stuck right next to the centrally located switch for my dust collection system...only one place to go for both.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I got sick of remotes, mostly not working sometimes going walkabout. I dropped hardwired switches in four convenient spots around the shop. They work the first time every time and they never move.

When my daughter was in her teenage years we replaced the cordless phones with wired ones so we could find one. I'd love to have a wired remote for the TV.

What's the wood shop equivalent of "stuck between the couch cushions", any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Petersen View Post
    What's the wood shop equivalent of "stuck between the couch cushions", any way?
    I had my old carpenters saddle bag pouches on when I was installing a rack to dry chair parts I was pre-finishing, and I stuck the remote in one of them, took 'em off and put them away for maybe another year or 2. I'm actually lucky I found it at all.

Well, I never did find my remote for the dust extractor. I think it got wrapped up in some craft paper and went into the garbage. Happened twice!! I decided to install low voltage switches on each waste gate.
    Ask a woodworker to "make your bed" and he/she makes a bed.

Blog Entries
    My remote is clipped to the strap of my shop apron, which I always wear in the shop. Lost my mind a few times out there, but never the remote.

This is just one of the reasons (cost being the other) why I made may own remote switch with a contactor and the Forsmon remote (they're cheap, and I don't have to worry about losing the remote portion since I can re-buy for $12 -- I have a spare in case). The remote normally sits in my apron pocket.
    Last edited by Jeff Ramsey; 09-11-2019 at 9:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Back in the days when TV remotes only had a few buttons and were quite small, they would constantly get lost in the couch cushions. I finally glued a 12" piece of colorful ski rope to the remote so it had a tail. Problem solved. Now I have two remotes for my Oneida DC. One resides semi-permanently next to my miter station, the other is clipped to the wall next to my planer.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 09-13-2019 at 9:01 AM.
    NOW you tell me...