Thread: What's a fair price for Performax 22-44 Plus?

What's a fair price for Performax 22-44 Plus?

I have a 2006 Performax 22-44 Plus drum sander with stand and outfeed tables that has become surplus. I bought it new at the local Woodcraft store and used it for one or two projects that needed very uniform thin stock. The sandpaper on the drum has only been replaced twice since new so it’s not been used much. This tool is single drum, non-oscillating, I wouldn’t call it over-powered but it does have the SandSmart feature which can be useful with regulating feed rates. I am in the process of thinning the herd in my shop and I now need to re-home it. Could anyone with recent experience offer an idea what sort of price I should ask for it in classifieds or Craigslist? I have looked myself and find the range of prices incredibly wide so I thought I should check on the forums to see what I can learn. I will appreciate any help you can offer.
    "You're never a complete failure - you can always be used as a bad example."

Please remember that if you decide to sell this tool here at SMC, it must be in the Classifieds.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Pictures always help to see what kind of shape it is in and can get a better review for pricing.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Is it the 1-3/4 hp model? Open stand, closed stand? Brand new those went for what, $1750? In good shape, I'd guess you could move that all day for $1k, but pics would help a lot.

William, it is the 1-3/4 hp unit with open stand on casters. I don't think it cost $1750 but I'm still looking for the receipt. I'll try to attach a photo so the condition will be evident. If I can establish a good ball-park price I will post with a number of additional photos in classifieds shortly. Thanks to anyone for ideas.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Performax 22-44s.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	415831
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Performax 22-44a.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	415830  

I stand by my previous estimate. Good luck.

I just sold an identical machine on CL in the Minneapolis area for $1,200. Didn't take more than a couple days either.

I bought the same machine with outfeed tables, the closed stand, and a whole bunch of sandpaper for $1200 about 5 years ago. He had a couple buyers lined up after me if I didn't want it.

Eric, Michael, Thanks for your input. I'm going for a much reduced price in hopes of recovering the space quickly. If I provide someone a gloat-worthy deal it will serve both of us well.