Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sliding table saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Dyas View Post
    Lol, I wonder if it's homemade.
    If It is, It's done really well.
    Someone put some time, work, and effort,into that. If it was closer, and I had more room, I'd consider going up and getting it.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Looks straight out of Little House on the Prairie

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    If It is, It's done really well.
    Someone put some time, work, and effort,into that. If it was closer, and I had more room, I'd consider going up and getting it.
    If he could ship it, I would love to have it in my early woodworking machinery collection.

The first whitney planer was wood framed, wood framed moulders and sash stickers, all sorts of stuff.

I'm glad it hasn't been turned into furniture yet.

I found this wooden saw on some mining property. It was in the ruins of a smelter that been dismantled for timber and iron. I figure it had been sitting outside for at least 30 or 40 years. I stuck it under the porch of my shop to prevent further decay.
    on close inspection it is well built despite the weathering. Mortise and tenon joints, some nice blacksmith work and the pulley that connected to the line shaft.
    Curious if this was manufactured by a company or made locally by a skilled woodworker and blacksmith.
    DB1F1BBF-93B4-45BD-91B6-B6F860F75BBC.jpg