Thread: Delta Cruzer

Delta Cruzer

Hey guys...Menards has the Delta Cruzer on sale for 355. Any love for this saw?

Link

Don't know anything about the Delta. But I noticed it looks a lot like the Hercules that Harbor Freight sells for $349.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

I have zero love for Delta. A shell of the company it used to be, and a mess for ever getting any parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    I have zero love for Delta. A shell of the company it used to be, and a mess for ever getting any parts.
    Same here. Parts availability problems & customer service that historically prefers to crap on customers rather than provide service. I have a couple of Delta tools & they work fine, but a soon as something breaks, they will have to be tossed.

Hi Steve,

I have a shop full of vintage 90's Delta machines that have been superb. If I were replacing any of them today, I would look to other brands.

I haven't put hands on the Cruzer specifically, but like Richard and Frank, I would look elsewhere for a sliding miter saw. I won't start a brand debate, but if you check the reviews and Youtube videos, the leading contenders will be obvious.

Cheers,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Don't know anything about the Delta. But I noticed it looks a lot like the Hercules that Harbor Freight sells for $349.
    Not seeing the similarity. Hercules is a rail slider, Cruzer has a hinge. There are other minor differences, but other than both being blue SCMS I don't think they're the same product.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew More View Post
    Not seeing the similarity. Hercules is a rail slider, Cruzer has a hinge. There are other minor differences, but other than both being blue SCMS I don't think they're the same product.
    After taking a second look, I think you're right Andrew. My apologies to the OP for injecting confusion.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

Enough said...Thanks all.