Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Delta Cruzer

  1. #1

    Delta Cruzer

    Hey guys...Menards has the Delta Cruzer on sale for 355. Any love for this saw?

    Link



  2. #2
    Don't know anything about the Delta. But I noticed it looks a lot like the Hercules that Harbor Freight sells for $349.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    1,245
    I have zero love for Delta. A shell of the company it used to be, and a mess for ever getting any parts.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Okotoks AB
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    I have zero love for Delta. A shell of the company it used to be, and a mess for ever getting any parts.
    Same here. Parts availability problems & customer service that historically prefers to crap on customers rather than provide service. I have a couple of Delta tools & they work fine, but a soon as something breaks, they will have to be tossed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    72
    Hi Steve,

    I have a shop full of vintage 90's Delta machines that have been superb. If I were replacing any of them today, I would look to other brands.

    I haven't put hands on the Cruzer specifically, but like Richard and Frank, I would look elsewhere for a sliding miter saw. I won't start a brand debate, but if you check the reviews and Youtube videos, the leading contenders will be obvious.

    Cheers,
    Mark

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Don't know anything about the Delta. But I noticed it looks a lot like the Hercules that Harbor Freight sells for $349.
    Not seeing the similarity. Hercules is a rail slider, Cruzer has a hinge. There are other minor differences, but other than both being blue SCMS I don't think they're the same product.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew More View Post
    Not seeing the similarity. Hercules is a rail slider, Cruzer has a hinge. There are other minor differences, but other than both being blue SCMS I don't think they're the same product.
    After taking a second look, I think you're right Andrew. My apologies to the OP for injecting confusion.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

  8. #8
    Enough said...Thanks all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •