Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy question...........need help

I'm logged in, but can't see any of your pictures.

Oh, and I've got a 50# Vulcan for an anvil.....................it doesn't ring that loud.
    Last edited by Chris Christenberry; 09-04-2019 at 10:15 PM.
    Chris

If you are taking up black smithing then you might well have an angle grinder. Just get one of those chainsaw angle grinder disks and it will be done in no time. Here is one onePray: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Angle-Grin...c/173958881367

I have an angle grinder, but I've already got all the bark off the stump. A chainsaw blade would be too harsh at this point. I'm down to spoke shave level work.
    Chris

I put a handle on the far end of a cleaver using a bolt thru the hole that it hangs from. It can go straight but it’s better perpendicular like a coopers shave. I kinda like it better than a real drawknife but what do I know

I would have kept on with the axe/hatchet down to the good wood. If it is sharp it is not hard to chop to a line, leaving a pretty nice surface. And since it is an anvil stump, I would have stopped there, and not bothered about planing/spokeshaving.

Once you add a "ring" of big staples around the stump, to hold all the hammers and tongs....

Drawknife perfect for that...
    Jerry

If its relatively dry you could burn off the outside crap eitjer using a torch or laying it and rotating it in hot coals, then take a wire brush to it when its cooled off