Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sliding Table Saw Jigs ?

Thanks for all of the feedback and pictures. It has taken me about three times reading through everything and studying the pictures for it all to start to sink in. I have a lot to learn but all of the pictures have me excited to build some of my own jigs. Thanks again as this will be a big help in my slider learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    Derek, not seeing how you can rotate the fence out of the way without hitting the encoder rail - what am I missing?

Mark
    Mark, the rail is tucked underneath, and out of the way ...

I epoxied a rare earth magnet to the fence hold down, and the box attaches to this ...

Connections below the rail ...

Chris gave me the idea for this ...

And the fence pulled half way back and rotated ...

Regards from Perth

Derek

ah, I see so will work.

I still would like fence to go at least 180 so the bottom of the fence ends up being parallel (see pic) with the top at a min so I will still need to go with the fiamia mag strip unless I am still not getting it which is totally possibly...

0663C3D8-495C-49EC-9E37-C57B31C2D028.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post

I epoxied a rare earth magnet to the fence hold down, and the box attaches to this ...

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark e Kessler; 09-07-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Greg, I think you and I got our Felder sliding table saws about the same time and are on the same path of learning. As has been suggested I’ve made a Fritz and Franz jig and it has been very helpful. I got Felder eccentric clamp with my saw but it is a pain to adjust, looking at modifying some Kreg clamps but really want to buy the Airtight clamps down the road. This is not a “jig but a huge plus for my workflow has been building this outfeed/work table past two weekends . When I built my home shop 20+ yrs ago I ran the dust collection underground for my Cabinet saw, had to modify things a little bit for the slider.
    7009C1EA-9E65-4178-B1B9-4C040C17DE1C.jpg8E3BA336-0D87-4D15-872A-50F38C3AA22D.jpgDB729F6F-CE28-4777-BF0E-800C52EF446D.jpg
    Last edited by Pat Rice; 09-08-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Pat, nice table. I don’t have room to have the outfeed table on mine, and I have the power feeder in that space. That said, I wish I did have room for a dedicate table like yours as it looks awesome.

Im going to save a copy of your Fritz Franz jig picture as it looks fairly straight forward to build and I need to build one along with a deflector wedge to go beside the blade. Thanks.

I built the deflector wedge but haven’t had a need to use it yet. Wood came from the pallet the saw was on. The handles I ordered from MicroJig
    ADEF5E26-4343-4C9D-BEB1-1DD23F9F98AA.jpg

Nice. I have the magnets sitting here but just need to take 10 minutes and put it together.

Blog Entries
    Both of you should join the Felder Owner's Group on Yahoo if you have not yet. Everything I learned about using the slider came from the folk on that forum.

Mike

Tenoning jig:

IMG_0406.jpg

I apologize, do not know how to rotate image.

Thanks Mike, I joined the FELDER yahoo group several weeks ago but prefer the format of Sawmill Creek. I think there are more hobbyist moving towards sliders and Sawmill Creek is easier to access information on.
    Last edited by Pat Rice; 09-09-2019 at 8:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Rice View Post
    Thanks Mike, I joined the FELDER yahoo group several weeks ago but prefer the format of Sawmill Creek. I think there are more hobbyist moving towards sliders and Sawmill Creek is easier to access information on.
    SMC has it's place, but the files area of the FOG is quite valuable for any Felder owner. There are also many more experienced Felder owners on the FOG who can and do help.

Mike

Hi Pat, I find having a spacer helps with the clamp.

Setup your clamp so it clamps a piece properly, then with the clamp in the unclamped state, make a piece of wood that slips between the clamp and the work piece.

That now is your clamp setting jig, works on any thickness and makes putting the clamp to work a one step, no fuss process.............Rod.

THIS!! I want to be able to do this with my combo (MM300 Smart). But alas, the current fence attaches on a square channel, so no conducive for swinging out of the way so has to be taken off entirely every time I want to make space on the top.

It seems I need an after market fence that rides on a round guide bar and can be tilted up. Anyone have any suggestions? (I recall some older Unisaws may have a round guide bar.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Yes I get that, can the fence be rotated 180 deg like I have shown on mine? Or is it left in the air as shown in your pic which is a compromise

Mark

Regards from Perth

Derek

You could just buy the Felder or Hammer fence, Felder being the 50mm bar and the Hammer being the 40mm bar (I also think the 40mm is on the 500 series)

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beckett View Post
    THIS!! I want to be able to do this with my combo (MM300 Smart). But alas, the current fence attaches on a square channel, so no conducive for swinging out of the way so has to be taken off entirely every time I want to make space on the top.

It seems I need an after market fence that rides on a round guide bar and can be tilted up. Anyone have any suggestions? (I recall some older Unisaws may have a round guide bar.