Thread: Duplicator for G0766?

Duplicator for G0766?

I’m a hack turner and I’ve been tasked with reproducing 2 chairs with lots of turned parts. So far I’ve been doing them one at a time using dividers & calipers for layout and I’m just not fast enough to make any headway lol

Anyone know of a duplicator setup that will fit my G0766?
    ---Trudging the Road of Happy Destiny---

Give Vega Woodworking a call, not sure of price but excellent products

I don't think you would like a duplicator for just a few chairs. If you were making a large quantity of ballusters or a lot of turnings that went inches from each other you would get the benefit of having them all alike. The home model duplicator doesn't turn as smooth as turning them individually so you would end up having to do a lot more sanding.

You can also build one with plans like the Woodsmith one. At a minum, it will help with the layout and spacing. I used a similar type when copying spindles on my Shopsmith.

Brian, kudos for taking that project on. I can't help with a duplicator, but this reminds me of a video by Ernie Conover on "Turning for Furniture" that I watched years ago. I can't recall exactly how his opening comments went, so I'll just paraphrase roughly: "There are folks who turn for furniture, and others who turn for art -- "Artisans". Sometimes I'll hear an artisan say they would never want to turn two pieces alike. I figure that's mostly because they can't!"

Haha! That gave me a good chuckle David. Thanks for the feedback guys. I wasn’t able to find anything remotely affordable so I guess I will just have to develop some technique LOL

4BC877B6-D45E-4644-A116-8D5F37A4F727.jpg 1190D87E-2AA9-47AC-8B50-68CBD3FA6726.jpg
    ---Trudging the Road of Happy Destiny---