Thread: Safety Question TS 3650

Safety Question TS 3650

Good morning. I am new to the forum and I just purchased a Ridged TS3650 in excellent shape. One issue is he didn't have the blade guard or the splitter. Does anyone know where i could locate one for the saw or is there an after market that is compatible. I know I can make a zero clearance insert into one with a splitter but I still wouldn't have the blade cover. Any help would be appreciated.

Sadly, the parts are not available for that saw anymore, I just looked about a year ago. Best I think you can do is a splitter.

Greg,

I have a TS3650 and I use the blade guard with the splitter all the time. I will check to see if I can find anything available for you.

You might want to investigate one of the overhead blade guards with DC capabilities. I believe Grizzly makes one.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 09-03-2019 at 5:22 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

You might keep an eye out on ebay. There are people selling tool parts all the time.

Do a search on Sharkguard system and contact them.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks for replying gentlemen. I just did a search on Sharkguard and the price is just north of $200, seems like a lot of money. I got the entire saw for just $50 more. In the mean time I think I'll make a zero clearance insert and use the Microjig splitter system. I can do that for about $40.

I've cleaned it out, checked alignments, changed the blade and made a few cuts. Runs quiet with no vibrations. I'm going to love this saw.

I have that saw as well. In good condition, you got a really good deal.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher