Thread: State B4 spindle sander any good ?

State B4 spindle sander any good ?

I just bought one of these for $170 Canadian. Are they good machines ?

Serial number is 4496. Am going to need some spindles,does anyone know what is available ?

You probably need to check at owwm.org. State made a couple of different types of spindles and they are fairly hard to find. Used sanders tend to be priced depending on how complete the spindles are since they run 50-100 each on the used market. The larger ones have the same size spindle with varying diameter rubber drums. Dave

Dave do you know of a replacement source for just the rubber drum part of the spindle assembly ? I will not know for a week or so what exactly I have ended up because I bought this sight unseen. The sander is six hours away,a friend is picking it up for me. In the pictures that I have seen there were 6-7 spindles on the sander,however the owner said only a four inch and 3/4'' are useable. not sure if this means new rubber sleeve and abrasive sleeve or just abrasive. While I am at this, what is a good source for abrasive sleeves ?

It is a State isn’t it? That means it’s a good machine. You really should be asking on OWWM.

supergrit.com has the rubber drums and sleeves also

Thanks Bradley.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    supergrit.com has the rubber drums and sleeves also
    Thanks for posting the Super Grit info. I was not previously aware of them & need some sleeves for a new to me Max OSS.

I’d order Sleeves and non-psa backed paper from supergrit, but I had a bad experience recently with their PSA backed paper for my 20 inch state disc sander. It wouldn’t stick unless I sprayed on an aerosol glue like 3M 77. I thought the point of PSA backed paper was the glue was already there exclamation