Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

2 Sep 2019

Greetings,
    I started oncall duty today and I already dislike this week.
    Happy Labor Day to all of you who celebrate this holiday and I wish you great family, food, and fun for today.
    I've been working on the old belt/disk sander rebuild and here's my progress pics.

This is primer color.
    diskbeltsander-3.jpg

This color is called Tuscan Sun....It's not a Powermatic color, but it's close enough for a machine that will be put to work inside my shop.
    diskbeltsander-1.jpg

and one more:
    diskbeltsander-2.jpg

I have a commission piece for a mini baseball bat and ball rack and I hope to take a break from machine rebuilding to getting this rack done for a lady at work.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

That's definitely yellow Dennis. I think you should continue with the yellow theme in your shop for other things you're thinking about, too. LOL

Handed off the completed architectural reproductions last week as previously noted and I'm looking forward to seeing the completed home renovation at some point. It's a small old Victorian structure somewhere in New Hope, PA near where I live and I'm so happy I got to contribute to that project. More business may come from it, too. Of course, after cutting all that exterior MDF, there was a bit of cleanup to accomplish before I could move on to more fun. I did cut a few sample guitar necks to prove out a design and started working on a large threshold for a friend's home. I had previously made one for him out of the pine he requested, but it just didn't hold up. I convinced him to allow me to switch to oak this time around and we made a few small "lessons learned" modifications to make it stronger, too. On the computer, I started on a bass guitar design to compliment the guitar design I'm developing. I likely have some sign work coming...'been working for a year to get that order and the client is finally ready, having tackled a bunch of other more critical needs for their farm that needed to be addressed first.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...