Thread: Has anyone used Accurate Technologies (proscale.com) with an SCM combination machine?

Has anyone used Accurate Technologies (proscale.com) with an SCM combination machine?

Here's a link to their offerings for sliding saws:

https://www.proscale.com/products/in...-digital-kits/

Only the dedicated sliders are listed, so I reached out to their sales department. The sales rep wasn't familiar with the CU line (lab 300p, cu300, cu410e, etc), and so wasn't sure what it would take to retrofit one of their offerings for the machine.

I'll be able to send them pictures of the machine once it arrives, but that won't be for a couple of months.

I was wondering if anyone here has already tried using the proscale stuff with an SCM cu machine, and how it worked out?

Sam Blasco at Minimax recommended Proscale to me the other day for my SC4E slider. I believe he uses them on a combo machine but I don't know which one.

You want to measure the fence and be sure there are no attachment points at the backside. The proscale mounts on the back of the fence so the fence needs to attach at the bottom. Brian Bamb also makes a Fiama stop kit for Felder machines that may work with your fence, depending on the measurements. lambtoolworks.com The other downside to aftermarket units is they can't be adapted to measure when the fence is extended. Dave

Not a slider but I have their readout on my Benchdog router lift. No problems with it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I had one on a minimax slider 20 years ago, that was before they had these kits, I made a bracket for the stop and you just screw the encoder rail on the face of the fence - it worked. I wouldn't do it today it's just to "rigged" for me plus you cant use the fence in the forward position (or do I mean the rear position...hum...which I don't really do anyways but...). I will probably use a Fiama with magnetic encoder which will be a cleaner install on my new Felder saw, that also goes for the rip fence, using the accurate tech you wouldn't be able to rotate the fence out of the way due to the encoder rail.

btw I just sold that 20year old accurate tech for $175 think it cost me like $650...

Mark