Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preparing a shop for hurricane

We're undergoing our preparations now. Looks like storm surge, hopefully, won't be an issue on the Gulf coast, so I should be OK with my biggest risk, but really concerned with power outages, as we have overhead wires, and old growth live oak trees all around the wires, and the utilities never seriously cut them.

Lacking battery backup, my solar arrays will be useless also. So, outdoor furniture all inside, and hoping for the best. With boatloads of frozen ice packs.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Best wishes for safe outcome Alan.

Im up the road from you in Tally and can’t tell from report to report if I should be concerned or CONCERNED. The tracks keep shifting all over but each time a handful bring it ultimately right over my head. I should be able to tell you more late next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    We're undergoing our preparations now. Looks like storm surge, hopefully, won't be an issue on the Gulf coast, so I should be OK with my biggest risk, but really concerned with power outages, as we have overhead wires, and old growth live oak trees all around the wires, and the utilities never seriously cut them.

Lacking battery backup, my solar arrays will be useless also. So, outdoor furniture all inside, and hoping for the best. With boatloads of frozen ice packs.

I’m hoping that all you guys in the path get through ok and unscathed. Got my SO’s family in and around Broward. I’ve also got one eye out to the east

I'm just north of Orlando.
    Unfortunately I'm I Biomedical Engineer for a hospital and have to spend the night working during the storm.

House will be pretty much locked down. Generator is fueled with about 30 extra gallons in case the power goes out.
    We'll have to see that happens.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Fortunately for me, I don't have the in-hospital shift this storm. Been there, done that a few times, Jeff, so I feel your pain. I'll likely be picking up the pieces in a few days, though.

Hopefully it keeps away from the coast, but it's a big powerful storm, with an attitude.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.