Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horizontal mortise machine

Here is a video of the cutting action;

Mark, thanks for the videos. It's incredible how fast the Maka cuts a mortise compared to my PM bench-top hollow chisel mortiser. Was Maka the one invented the swing mortiser first and others followed? This is the impression I get reading Maka's website. Which companies still currently produce swing mortisers?

Hi Wakahisa,

I have the impression that Maka invented the machine, but i am not sure either.

The small SM series machines are fast, the larger machines are a lot slower, but still amazingly fast considering what they do.
    There are / were a lot of companies that make the swing chisel mortisers, but i don't know of anyone making the small models and more.
    The large machines are still made in the upright and horizontal versions.

Many companies, some no longer making them;
    Maka, Lari & Lari, Lari & Broggi, Centauro, Mesa, Manzani, Framar, Masterwood, Muti, Mutifili, Sautereau, Legna, Chambon, Griggio,Steton,Parveau, Elu, Holz-her, Haffner, Wekee, Lyon=Flex

A few that i know that are Still in business;
    Lari & Lari, Centauro, Mesa, Framar

Quote Originally Posted by Wakahisa Shinta View Post
    Mark, thanks for the videos. It's incredible how fast the Maka cuts a mortise compared to my PM bench-top hollow chisel mortiser. Was Maka the one invented the swing mortiser first and others followed? This is the impression I get reading Maka's website. Which companies still currently produce swing mortisers?