Thread: Threaded Brass Fittings

Threaded Brass Fittings

I’m trying to find the vendor that sells various sizes of threaded brass fittings used in securing the lid on an Urn. I’ve seen posts and advertisements for them but I can’t locate them online. I’ve searched every way I can think of. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tom

Have you considered using wood threads. I make a set of threaded rings suitable for glueing into the Urn and Lid. Easy to make them in any size. I have made them 1" for small boxes and as large as 7" diameter. I use the threading jig pro from Chefwarekits. I recently made some threaded rings and matching spigots for a fellow turner who is using them in place of metal or plastic threads.

If you can get by with a 1-1/2" brass connector, Home Despot sells one called a BR Waste Connector, Sku is 1000-050-347. I bought one because I thought that the finish was very nice and the price was quite low.

Here is a link with a picture. What you don't see in the picture is the bottom has a FM thread that is the same dimensions as the top male thread. So, if you were to cut it through the center portion you would have a matched FM and male set (plus a chrome piece that you might not need - - except if you wanted to chuck up the connector in your lathe.)

As others have noted on this forum , turning brass on a wood lathe works fine. Just take light cuts.
    brass-everbilt-drains-drain-parts-c5371-64_1000.jpg

Thank you, From Walnut To Antlers was what I was looking for.

Sorry Tom, I don't advertise very much other than here under Friends of the Creek and my local club chapter. Making and offering these to other turners is just part of my hobby. Let me know if you have any questions, I have been blessed to meet some of the most talented woodturners through my brass rings.

Thanks Paul.

Bought a brass fitting from Rick recently for a friend's pet's ashes (dog was about 15lbs when alive.) Rick was very helpful in answering my questions and the fittings were terrific. Was going to use PVc coupling but Rick's product is far superior. IMG_2815.JPGIMG_2819.JPG Spalted ash with space at the top for a concrete medallion with a paw print.

Thanks Dave, that worked out real fine and the lid holding the paw print sounds perfect!

If you are looking for a larger opening a brass, shower drain works well. I have use them several times. I think the ones I use have a 3" opening, they might be Oatey, not sure. They are threaded inside and outside and I can get 2 sets from 1 drain.