Thread: Felder miter crosscut fence question

Felder miter crosscut fence question

Was working on some general alignment adjustments tonight. Also swapped in a new scale with inches (I’m not ready to switch to metric yet, Sorry).

Anyway, other than doing a lousy job cutting the scale cleanly, I realize the set screw knob from the bottom to hold the extension in place is missing. And, there doesn’t appear to be any threads. Anyway, can anyone confirm if this should be threaded or if there is some sort of insert that goes inside instead.

Im thinking someone might have stripped or drilled the threads out and I may need to re-tap the hole.

4AF45EF7-7EEE-4E4F-A973-2E71510B606E.jpg

C03FA3D4-8CB9-4D93-BC4B-02F4AF3B66DD.jpg

6142428D-58A1-44D5-8FA0-7462B07319BF.jpg

C20FE441-344C-40D7-A85A-9916937D267C.jpg
    Here is hole in bottom where set screw knob goes.

082767B9-611D-42A2-A0F9-E9370593E77D.jpg
    My poor cut on the metal scale. DOH!

If its the same as the longer xcut fence on the outrigger then it is not a threaded hole, the knob threads into a steel plate that steel plate slides into the extrusion, when tightened the screw on the knob goes through the hole and pushes up on the extension to clamp it into place.

markF490ADFD-988B-4C83-99E8-458038611EAF.jpg74289AC5-2775-4EB4-BB00-CBEF2EDABBF1.jpg

Ah ha. Thanks Mark. That’s exactly what I must be missing. Guess a call to Felder is in my future tomorrow.

thanks again as as I wasn’t sure how it was supposed to attach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    If its the same as the longer xcut fence on the outrigger then it is not a threaded hole, the knob threads into a steel plate that steel plate slides into the extrusion, when tightened the screw on the knob goes through the hole and pushes up on the extension to clamp it into place.

markF490ADFD-988B-4C83-99E8-458038611EAF.jpg74289AC5-2775-4EB4-BB00-CBEF2EDABBF1.jpg

NP.

Also I think there is one more part that goes inside the extrusion, a pad of some sort that the top of the screw pushes against. I realized last night that when I clamp mine tight that he extension kind of moves a little which seemed odd also seemed odd that the top of the bolt would directly put pressure on the extrusion. I think I remember a pad in there at one point and it must have come off when I was fiddling with it and didn't notice, will check tonight...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    Ah ha. Thanks Mark. That’s exactly what I must be missing. Guess a call to Felder is in my future tomorrow.

thanks again as as I wasn’t sure how it was supposed to attach.

Just ordered mine. There appear to be 3 pieces. Only a $4.95 part so shipping prob more than part. I sent my pics and yours. They said mine was slightly different for my KF500 Pro but basically same as yours. You must have a 700 or 900 saw. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    NP.

Also I think there is one more part that goes inside the extrusion, a pad of some sort that the top of the screw pushes against. I realized last night that when I clamp mine tight that he extension kind of moves a little which seemed odd also seemed odd that the top of the bolt would directly put pressure on the extrusion. I think I remember a pad in there at one point and it must have come off when I was fiddling with it and didn't notice, will check tonight...

Mark
    Last edited by Greg Parrish; 08-27-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Was about to give you a call at the start of this thread - glad that you were able to get the part you needed ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Derr View Post
    Was about to give you a call at the start of this thread - glad that you were able to get the part you needed ordered!
    Thanks Tim. Tech service was great and got me sorted out.