Thread: Woodsmith panel saw?

Woodsmith panel saw?

Has anyone built this panel saw using plans from woodsmith?

https://www.woodsmithplans.com/plan/...age-panel-saw/

im about to start the build and while the plans are solid I don’t think they’ve accounted for the micro adjustment that may be needed to get accurate square cuts. The vertical travel for cross cuts I think can be adjusted perf cloy square by fine tuning the carriage assemble square to the panel. For long rips that requires horizontal travel of the carriage either the bottom “shelf” or the pipe that the carriage rides on needs to be adjusted square.

Seems this plan has been out a long time so wondering if anyone else has experience you can share on what to build into the design before vs. after to get this thing accurate.

Panel saws are not necessarily used for making accurate final cuts, but rather to break the sheets down to a more manageable size.
    Track saws are a step above that, but can still be subject to user error.
    To get accurate and square cuts, the best method is to cut against a stationary fence.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Blog Entries
    I agree that setting improper expectations for a tool/machine will lead you to dissatisfaction. Neither a powered panel saw nor a GCS is a table saw. Use them to break down or do work that will accept their tolerances and all will be well.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler