Thread: Hello Sawmill Creek!

Hello Sawmill Creek!

Hello everyone,
    I’m mostly just lurking and reading but figured I would just go ahead and sign up. I might chime in here or there if I can be of help. Trying to get my PayPal back up so I can actually see some pics. Thanks for having a great site here!
    -Steve

Welcome Steve.

Welcome a-board......

Pictures are a huge plus, get it done.

Hey Steve - glad you found the Creek. I've learned a lot here - good folks all around. The cost of becoming a contributor is nothing compared to the help and knowledge you'll find here.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Welcome Steve! Gald to have you with us!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thanks guys! Glad to be here. And yeah if I didn’t have at least 6 bucks to spare I’d probably be up another creek 😂

Steve, welcome to the Creek, glad you could join us!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Hi Steve!

What kinds of things are you interested in?

JKJ

Welcome to the Creek !! C'mon and get your feet wet !!
    You only need 2 tools in life. If it's supposed to move and doesn't... use WD40. If it moves and shouldn't... use duct tape.

Welcome to the Creek. Please let us know what types of things you like doing. I'm glad you're planning on becoming a contributor, as I receive lot more than $6 worth of info most times I pst and am sure you will too.

Welcome Steve! You know, a friend of mine once asked me where I learned to do all that stuff. I told him mostly from the nice folks at SMC and an occasional youtube vid. You’ll like it here.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Hi Steve!

What kinds of things are you interested in?

JKJ
    i have collected a lot of paychecks for residential new construction and remodeling. Over the past 20+/- years I’ve got into a little bit of everything on that front.At this point I’m looking to move away from stacks of plywood and 2x4s. I’m hoping to get a new shop built and gravitate towards smaller cabinet and some furniture projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Fish View Post
    At this point I’m looking to move away from stacks of plywood and 2x4s.
    Woodturning, woodturning, woodturning! Warning, it's addictive.

Have you tried any? It can easily put some distance between you and the sheets and sticks.
    If interested, here is a photo album with three pages of a few things I've done: https://sawmillcreek.org/album.php?albumid=862

JKJ

As matter of fact I did pick up a little 1221 jet machine and also their scroll saw on a whim when they had their sale 2 years ago. I haven’t put much effort into either yet. Right now I’m doing a lot of concrete work on our house. I have to get gallery porches put on before I can start work on a shop. All I have is a spare bedroom and a very tiny make-shift shed to work with. Stuck with only room to set up basic tools for now