Thread: Recommendation for video editing software

Recommendation for video editing software

Its my intention to start posting some videos on you tube and, for those who do that, what preference do you have for the video editing software.

Chuck Wintle.

My recommendation would be to learn the lighter version of an industry standard, Adobe Premiere:

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

It's quite intuitive to use, not expensive, and if the complexity of the editing increases, it's a smooth transition to using the Pro version.

There is free video editing software, but those will not have any support, forums, plus getting the bugs out and progressive versions will hit and miss.

Be aware that you need a reasonably good performing computer for video editing; at least a 6-core with a Turbo speed of 3.8GHz or better, a video card of at least 6GB and a lot of CUDA cores- for example GTX 1060 6GB, and 16GB of RAM as the absolute minimum. If the system has four RAM slots, start with 2X 8GB to leave room for 32GB. Oh, and run the computer OS off an SSD and have a projects SSD for the working files. The computer cooling has to be very efficient too- the processor and the video card may run for a long time at 100%.

Have a look at these professional level systems intended for video editing, which show the general natire of the comonents:

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

Of course, not all this is imperative right away, but it saves money to plan ahead as soon as the projects are the least complicated, it needs a lot of RAM to move clips, and the encoding will take forever if there are not enough cores and CPU speed.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Caro; 08-25-2019 at 7:55 PM.

I've actually just gotten into this also.
    I purchased Filmora. It was alittle rough going about 6 month ago where I was plagued with slowness. But as of about 1.5 months ago they released version 9.2 and it's been awesome.
    It's super simple to learn and pack full of more advance feature once you really get into it.

The other good thing about it is that it's doesn't require as powerful of a computer as the program mentioned above.
    It's worth a look.
    https://filmora.wondershare.com/
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

We use Camtasia at work to make video guides for our estimating software. Fairly easy to use and not very expensive
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

You can go for filmora software its a good software you can go for it,you can use it for free but they put image banner of their software on bottom of your video I have used it its easy to edit can go for plan if its easy on your dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    Its my intention to start posting some videos on you tube and, for those who do that, what preference do you have for the video editing software.
    What operating system do you want to use? WIndows? Mac? Linux?

I use Cyberlink Powerdirector to edit shows and produce DVDs. Easy to use, and very powerful. You can DL a free version.
    https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/...oad_en_US.html
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

When I was Windows based, I also used many versions of CyberLink's PowerDirector, great product.

Now I'm mainly Mac based and use the free iMovie software.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    What operating system do you want to use? WIndows? Mac? Linux?
    windows 7. this seems to still be a popular os.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Body View Post
    I've actually just gotten into this also.
    I purchased Filmora. It was alittle rough going about 6 month ago where I was plagued with slowness. But as of about 1.5 months ago they released version 9.2 and it's been awesome.
    It's super simple to learn and pack full of more advance feature once you really get into it.

The other good thing about it is that it's doesn't require as powerful of a computer as the program mentioned above.
    It's worth a look.
    https://filmora.wondershare.com/
    Yikes, that's so cheap it's almost free. The last video editing software I bought was several thousand dollars and required a hardware acceleration board. (I was producing scientific/technical videos on tape and DVDs) I don't have that system running any more so I need to find something basic. Perhaps I'll try the trial version of this so I can see what features (and quirks!) it has.

The last time I used Premier was over 15 years and it was pretty sad (cumbersome) compared to some of the other editors.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    windows 7. this seems to still be a popular os.
    Some options will likely require Win10 at this point.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I use MPEG Video Wizard DVD by Womble. Very fast. Intuitive as you work with the actual video not a bunch of slides. Lots of options including video/audio sync adjustment if needed.
    "Smart Rendering makes the editing process faster and easier by only re-encoding the edited points. Unlike other video editing software that tends to re-encode the entire video at the slightest touch, MVW-DVD only re-encodes when needed, which leads to fast export speed and maximum quality preservation."

https://www.womble.com/purchase/ $99.
    NOW you tell me...