Thread: 10" Bandsaw (benchtop)

10" Bandsaw (benchtop)

I have have free standing 18", but I need a small one for detail work. My Delta 10" got damaged I want to go ahead and get a nice replacement. Any thoughts? Kind of swinging back and forth between Grizzly & Rikon (all metal). Like the heavier table of Rikon, Grizzly looks aluminum, not sure. Rikon motor is a bit bigger too, I think.

I have one of the first gen 10” Rikon’s that came with a cheesy alum table. I quickly replaced the table with a shop built one. I’m very happy with it as a secondary bandsaw to my MM16.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I think the new one uses cast iron. Anybody know if grizzly uses iron?

I just commented on another thread but love my 10" Rikon with a Carter Stabilizer .

I've had a Rikon 10-306 for about a year. Very happy with it for cutting curves and small straight cuts (I don't do any resawing). Required minimal adjustment out-of-the-box. The fence is okay, but nothing special. Dust collection seems pretty good.

I've seen a lot of positive comments on the Rikon over time and it's likely what I would choose for this task if I were going to get a second, small band saw.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...