Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About to buy Ebay fiber laser

I had a whole lot typed and I deleted it as that it had no bearing on Ray Fine. I'll say this: see if they can cut you a deal on an additional/backup laser source. Power supplies and control boards etc. are cheap and likely already landed. Laser source warranty issues, especially when concerning mainland CH will be a nightmare.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Clearman View Post
    Quote says including customs duty and shipping.
    But I don't think, as the manufacturer/ shipper NOT the importer, that they can pay US DUTY. I think that US Duty is YOURS to pay. Also Broker's fees.
    If I recall, mine said same thing almost three years ago. And they cover All Chinese export duties.....

Just sayin. Please let us know if you go with them. Price is good Unless you have to pay 25% more
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    But I don't think, as the manufacturer/ shipper NOT the importer, that they can pay US DUTY. I think that US Duty is YOURS to pay. Also Broker's fees.
    If I recall, mine said same thing almost three years ago. And they cover All Chinese export duties.....

Just sayin. Please let us know if you go with them. Price is good Unless you have to pay 25% more
    Thanks to all, I appreciate the concern for any extra fees. This is one of the reasons I posted here, because you folks are more experienced with this. This is a quote from one of the last emails I recieved from the agent at Ray Fine:
    Dear S Clearman,
    I am very happy to receive.
    1.Thank you for your correction,You don't have to worry, it is really a 50W machine,Only last night I was too tired to notice this error(Please forgive me),The correct model is"RF-F-50W".
    2.Yes, you don't have to worry, it includes all the fees.(import costs,including customs duty,tariffs, entry fees and bonds).no other costs.

I don't think there are any other hidden fees. I am about to pull the trigger, unless anyone has any other concerns I need to look into.
    For those that have done business with Ray Fine, is there anything I need to know about the bank transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post

Not arguing, but how then does a company ship things into US to be resold? How do they ship to a "US Based storefront for shipping and selling on Ebay as US stock?

This is just a complete total guess and speculation, but:

What if LaserA China Co. sells to LaserB China Co., then ships the paid-for machines to LaserC USA Co-- all owned by the same people BTW- to sell as US Stock...? They were paid for in China, so, no tariffs--? And depending on their shipping connections they could possibly be fast-tracked on the cheap...

Just conjecture, but I have to presume there ARE some loopholes in play
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I'll spill the beans on what I have learned about this...
    USA company with contacts in China arrange for shipments of components to the US packed in the same crate as dog toys, dollar store stuff, as to avoid tariffs.
    USA company assembles the machine, and posts for sale on Ebay.
    That's why if you look at "other items for sale by seller", that's what's there, oddball non-related stuff.