Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different Name on Mail in the Mailbox

Blog Entries
    I would write on a sticky note explaining the situation, suggesting the carrier return the letter to the post office.
    I think this will stop the delivery of some one else's mail. IIRC, I have done this.

2. We have a great mail carrier here. My wife ordered a VERY expensive (like, several thousand dollars) piece of medical equipment and it shipped UPS requiring a signature. UPS said it was delivered while we were not home. It was not on the porch and we were getting ready to call UPS when we noticed a note from the mail carrier that she had seen a UPS box with our address on it at another house, and that legally she cannot move the box but wanted us to know. So UPS not only failed to get the required signature but left it at the wrong address. The mail carrier not only noticed the error but made a point of telling us. We went to the other address and our box was sitting on the porch.

We left her a card, a loaf of homemade bread and a jar of homemade jam the next day.

Blog Entries
    I have returned misdirected mail to the post office. The post office is nearby.

If it looks legit I write "not at this address" and stick it back in the box. If it looks like junk mail it gets recycled.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney