I have a small basement shop, so the only tool that has a permanent DC hookup is my table saw. Everything else (bandsaw, jointer/planer, router table) are on wheels, moved into position for use, and connected to the DC via a hose. I had a metal adapter on the end of the hose to avoid having to loosen and tighten a clamp each time, but it was always a little bit (or a lot) of work to get that to hook up to the machine.

I saw these magnetic fittings online recently and they looked cool, so I decided to order a set of 5" connectors. They work really well. Easy to install with a standard hose clamp, instant connection that holds, no fiddling with that adapter, and no metal to bang around when I move the hose out of the way. I avoid having to use an elbow when the J/P is in planer mode, since the hose just stays connected. I haven't hooked up the one onto my bandsaw yet, but will the next time I need to use it.

Installing this on my router table required enlarging the opening so that I could recess the adapter into the back wall of the cabinet. The inside opening there is still 4" from when I first built it years ago, and more recently I had a 5" flange installed on the back (you can see the old screw holes), but it's so much easier with this new fitting. I simply screwed through the flange part of the adapter and into the cabinet; you can see one of the screws in the picture. They also sent me a branded sticker, so I put that above the opening there just for the heck of it.

Unfortunately it looks like all the 4" options are currently on backorder, but hopefully that will clear up soon. I thought I saw that the plans for making these on your own are available, so that's an option for those so inclined. I felt it was easier to just order them from the manufacturer.

hose.jpgjointer.jpgplaner.jpgrouter table.jpgrouter table connected.jpg