Thread: Source for spalted maple

Source for spalted maple

The boss has stipulated that I simply must turn three bowls of spalted maple for family Christmas presents. Having a hard time locally to source and looked on the net but couldn't find anything I could afford. Looking for pieces about 10X10X3. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks for any help.

I've bought spalted (and other) pieces from this seller before.
    '"https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=monitorseller&_osacat=0&ssPageN ame=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_from=R40&_trksid=p20467 32.m570.l1311.R1.TR12.TRC2.A0.H2.Xspalted.TRS0&_nk w=spalted+maple&_sacat=0"]https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=monitorseller&_osacat=0&ssPageN ame=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_from=R40&_trksid=p20467 32.m570.l1311.R1.TR12.TRC2.A0.H2.Xspalted.TRS0&_nk w=spalted+maple&_sacat=0'
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 08-24-2019 at 7:01 AM. Reason: removed direct link to ebay

If you want to come over to cleveland,tn. I will give you a car full. I have so much it is firewood. you do not even need a chainsaw I got plenty of them. just let me know with a response.

Quote Originally Posted by david privett View Post
    If you want to come over to cleveland,tn. I will give you a car full. I have so much it is firewood. you do not even need a chainsaw I got plenty of them. just let me know with a response.
    David, can you spare a piece or two for a guy up the road? I'm headed to Northern Georgia on Tuesday to do a woodturning demo and then make a jaunt to Atlanta and will be driving back up I-75 on Thursday. If so, how do I find you? Can't send a PM now through SMC. (I've been hoping to drop in someday for a short visit anyway!)

JKJ

I am interested in making the trip to Cleveland. How do we make this work? I think you can send me a private message.
    Thanks.

email at deprivett@yahoo.com and we will go from there