Thread: Unloading a Hammer F3 Shaper

Unloading a Hammer F3 Shaper

I've been procrastinating about getting my Hammer F3 shaper off the delivery pallet, just before lunch I got motivated.

Took about 15 minutes of moving it 1/2" at a time, blocking it up on pieces of 2" x 4", being very cautious not to use the sliding table. I really didn't need to exert too much effort to lift it just enough to allow it to slide.

(Footage from my security camera)

Blog Entries
    Good that you got it done. I might have selected different footwear....

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    I might have selected different footwear....

Mike
    Good point

Chris, awesome video!! I always struggle with one man rigging of heavy tools like that!!
    brilliant strategy...
    but maybe I missed it, but how did u get the runway boards out after you droped the Hammer on the rolling base?
    Just adding one guy make a world of difference, but I often cant find that guy, or dont want him to blow his back out and I am in debt for life..

I started off with a pair of 2"x4"s laying flat on the rails of the portamate. This was about an inch lower that the deck of the Pallet. As I slid it along, the front most corners, coming off the pallet, were supported by the 2x4's. When I got close to the point where the back edge was about to transition off the pallet, I just a few short pieces of 2x4 into the corners of the portamate and transitioned the shaper off the long 2x4's. Then it was just a matter of getting those small pieces out, this is where I could have done with an extra set of hands, and maybe better footwear.

Tomorrow, I get to read the manual again and set the machine up...

I bought a shaper yesterday and this is how I unloaded it...

being an one man workshop a forklift + curtain sider + tail lift(to pickup machinery from people who doesnt have a forklift) is a god bless.

The shaper is a SCM/Samco T40 I, $1200 USD. comes with 20+ tooling and cutter heads.

IMG_7725.jpgIMG_7723.jpg
    Last edited by Albert Lee; 09-01-2019 at 10:14 PM.