Thread: X700 clone wiring help

X700 clone wiring help

I just picked up a very used X700 clone that I am trying to get back into proper condition. The power switch was replaced with a light switch, and the e-stop switch was missing and bypassed. I have been unable to find a wiring diagram for this. Could someone look at their e-stop switch wiring for me please and let me know how it is wired? I don’t trust the way they had it bypassed, though it did work that way. Thanks in advance.
    Shenhui SH350 laser
    Clone X700 “60”watt laser
    Full Spectrum 5th gen hobby laser

Hello,

Your machine probably has a Ruida or TopWisdom controller. Look up the manual for your controller and you will find the wiring diagram.

The light switch if the amperage rating was right was probably alright. If you are just looking for safety you might install a magnetic switch. It would serve as the emergency stop switch and would likely come with instructions to wire it up.

Thanks for the replies. The controller wiring was fine. I was able to replace both the e-stop and power switch with the correct ones. Everything works, but there is one switch on the front of the laser that I still have to trace out. It is labeled standby, and is wired into the harness, but doesn’t seem to do anything. I find no mention of it in the manual, but it is a clone and the manual I found online is Redsail. I believe that they had plugged the huge exhaust fan into the rear power plug and melted both switches, but all good now.
    Shenhui SH350 laser

It sounds too complex to discuss on a forum. Do you have any idea who made it? You may have to contact the service department for guidance.

It’s all good for now. Sooner or later I’ll trace the wires from the standby switch to see where they go, just to satisfy my curiosity. All wiring and functionality otherwise is like it was originally. I do need to add a ma meter and temperature display before I start using it very much. I also use a visual flow indicator, don’t fully trust the water sensor.
    Shenhui SH350 laser

My Triumph has a toggle switch just for switching the tube itself on and off, could be that's what your standby switch does-did..
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I have a switch for the laser power supply. It appears that they just messed with the power and e-stop switches due to them overloading with the use of the rear ac outlet for powering the large exhaust fan.
    Shenhui SH350 laser

my switch doesn't turn off the power supply, just disables the laser so it won't fire- not sure which wire they're opening the circuit with, probably the mA gauge wire since the switch and meters are pretty close together...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle