Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Please

You can select your doubled/overlapping design, hit Ctl-K or Arrange/Break Curve Apart (it will become 20 curves), and then click on each of the 10 duplicates and delete. Finally, select the 10 remaining curves that make up your design, and Ctl-L or Arrange/Combine to make a single curve again.

Thanks for all the help. Glen thanks for that explanation I wanted to know what to do
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Interesting, I didn't have to break curve apart to delete anything. May be x7 works a bit differently.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

that thing was weird, almost like someone else was working on it while I was working on it!

first, virtual delete wouldn't work right, it kept deleting pieces of the outlines instead of whole outlines, even though there didn't seem to be pieces--

outline tool wouldn't work right, it kept creating duplicate outlines, which it's never done before?

I finally un-grouped and un-combined the whole thing, then individually picked sections with the mouse and moved them until I had a complete, single set of outlines... or so I thought! Each time I'd move a single set of lines, then combine them, they wouldn't paint right. When I'd un-combined it, I found about half the pieces were duplicates- ?

Even after I finally verified each outline was only ONE piece, it still wouldn't paint correctly. Everything painted black except the centers of the letters. All lines outward from there were ignored. SO I exported, then imported back the graphic, and THEN it painted correctly.

I eventually found out there was one set of 'correct' pieces that when combined would paint correctly without exporting, but it was hunt & peck to find them! I've had that happen before, and I understand how it can happen with connected shapes, but why with circles? The 2 inner circles in the top loop looked identical in wireframe and in node-edit mode, but only one would be 'seen' when combined with the outline and create a hollow hole rather than a filled hole after combining and painting. I don't get it. I've found sometimes just copy and pasting a graphic that doesn't work right into a new Corel window will fix it. But almost always, exporting as a DXF and then importing it back will fix it.

Newer versions of Corel likely deal with this issue better than mine
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

That was my problem Kev the VD tool didn't work right and that crated all the problems
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander