Thread: Nova Infinity Chuck; Who owns, need tech discussion

Nova Infinity Chuck; Who owns, need tech discussion

Hi,

Just started working with NOVA's infinity chucks. This is the chuck with the "easy to change" jaws. The first thing I noticed was two of the jaws appeared to not seat correctly. Spoke to Nova who graciously provided 4 new jaw slides. Now it appears all four not seating correctly.

Anyone have experience with these where we can discuss will be appreciated.

TIA for any help.

Lance

Pic 1 - Shows 2 jaws expanded to lock jaws & two jaws recessed not expanding into locking position
    Pic 2 - Shows lock push pin in full "out" position showing lock dowel pin able to lock jaws
    Pic 3 - shows lock push pin depressed, not allowing lock dowel pin to engage jaws.

20190809_132244.jpg20190809_151125.jpg20190809_151117.jpg
    Last edited by Lance Mirrer; 08-19-2019 at 7:37 PM.

I don't personally own a set, but I do have dumb question #1. Did you get the order right? I can't imagine both sets of jaws not seating correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Iwamoto View Post
    I don't personally own a set, but I do have dumb question #1. Did you get the order right? I can't imagine both sets of jaws not seating correctly.
    Kyle,

Thanks for your comment.

I agree with your surprise of both jaws not seating correctly. They are installed in correct order and jaws are being installed to correct positions.

Scarier still, there are some you-tube vids of the chuck in action that all show the depressed pins (indicating jaws not locked completely).

I have 2 ideas. Do you have another Nova chuck body to try mounting the slides? The other idea is to install the slides loosely and fully close the chuck which should align the jaw set and then tighten the screws. Good luck!