Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Table

IMG_4236.jpgI decided to use veneer for the leaves. They need to be dadoed (is that a word?) down 1/8" + room for felt tape to make them flush with the frame. My daughter likes the contrast so the leaves will be varnished to add some amber. This solid walnut game table was fun. I will add some pics when finished. Thanks for all the good advice.

Gordon
    Ask a woodworker to "make your bed" and he/she makes a bed.

Wrapped up and ready to deliver

leaves.jpgcloth.jpg Lazy photographer but the game table is done and ready to deliver to my daughter's family. Menards (I never shop there but someone gave us a gift card) had 2 kinds of 3/4" x 4' x 8' birch ply. One was cheaper and very different. Very white with little swirls of grain. It weights a ton. I counted 12 plys without the top and bottom veneer. I think it is a liquidated product originally sold as a "Baltic birch" knock off. It was cheaper than the other birch ply. It is flat and I am pleased with the product even though it weighs as much as mdf.

Thanks for viewing!
    Last edited by Gordon Stump; 09-06-2019 at 4:07 PM.

Wow, turned out really nice, Gordon. You do good work. Keep that up, and it won’t be the last request from family

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Mueller View Post
    Wow, turned out really nice, Gordon. You do good work. Keep that up, and it won’t be the last request from family
    Thanks Phil