Thread: G0857/0858 8” jointer owners

G0857/0858 8” jointer owners

Hi all has been awhile since I have been on. I am ready to upgrade to 8” jointer. ( I should have listened and not for the 6” to start). I really would like the G0857 but I would need to remove the jointer from the base cabinet to get it in my basement window. I reached out to grizzly tech support to ask if this could be done with out removing the tables and they were unsure. From the drawing it looks like it might be possible but I could also see you may need to remove the tables which I don’t want to do. Has anyone had to remove the jointer from the base?? Do any owners think it’s possible to remove base without having to remove the tables??

The parts list on Grizzly's website (https://cdn0.grizzly.com/partslists/g0857_pl.pdf) makes it look like it would be simple to remove the bed from the cabinet without removing the tables from the bed. There are also some unboxing videos for that jointer that show up when you do a google search, one of which may address the issue. I have the G0490X and it is shipped with the bed separated from the cabinet, but I assume that is not the case for the G0857 or the Grizzly reps could have told you. I'm surprised that Grizzly's tech support people weren't able to answer your question; they're usually very knowledgeable. Maybe call back again and see if you get a different person who can answer your question.