Thread: Spindle moulder (shaper) with sliding table on its side.

Spindle moulder (shaper) with sliding table on its side.

Just wondering has anyone used spindle moulder with sliding table on its side?

I couldnt find a lot of video showing spindle moulder with sliding table on its side, below is a video link from Martin.

I am planning to upgrade my spindle moulder but due to space limitation, the side sliding table will work easier than the sliding table at the front design... I am thinking SCM TF130 (cant justify a Martin)

TF130.jpg
    If you have one or used one of these, what is your thought on a machine like this?
    any feedback appreciated.

My shaper has a sliding table similar to that. It’s a Gomad made in Poland. Not as fancy as the Martin in that the table doesn’t pivot or fold down but you can raise it up and slide it over to the spindle or have it level with the main table. I really like it and have had no problems with any functions. You can pivot the fence so coping angled rails isn’t a problem.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    My shaper has a sliding table similar to that. It’s a Gomad made in Poland. Not as fancy as the Martin in that the table doesn’t pivot or fold down but you can raise it up and slide it over to the spindle or have it level with the main table. I really like it and have had no problems with any functions. You can pivot the fence so coping angled rails isn’t a problem.
    I was going to suggest looking for a Gomad, probably one of the best constructed shapers I have ever used. Simple and built like tanks.