Thread: suggestions comments

suggestions comments

I have two panels glued up for side of a bookcase. 66-1/2" long. They will be 13-1/2 at the bottom and 9-1/2 at the top. I have a piece of plywood that is square to my table saw fence. I was thinking of screwing on some hold downs and stop blocks to properly position the piece and hold it in place while I cut the taper on the front edge of the glue up. Is this the easiest way to do this and do both sides?

Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

This is one way to get it done. Another way would be to clamp a straightedge to your bookcase side and run a circular saw to make the cut. Or a track saw and track if you have one.

Cheers,
    Mark

What you have there is a taper jig. It's pretty much a standard practice in a lot of shops. Be sure to position your board so that the blade is pushing into the corner and not pulling away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    What you have there is a taper jig. It's pretty much a standard practice in a lot of shops. Be sure to position your board so that the blade is pushing into the corner and not pulling away from it.

Not sure what you mean. Put the narrower cut at the end of the jig going into he saw and the wider cut goes through last?

Thanks.

Brian

Brian ,you have it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Brian ,you have it right.

thanks. brian