Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jorgensen clamps at Lowes

I purchased a dozen or so of the wooden handles Jorgies about 10 years ago....3 and 4 footers. I could never figure out how to keep them from camming out when tightened...I gave up and moved on to Pony pipe clamps and have never looked back. The mostly new bar clamps are stored away somewhere, I probably should sell them. Anyone else encounter the camming problem with these?

Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I went to Lowe's yesterday. I found them. I picked up a dozen. You can never have too many clamps, and routers. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!
    Nice clamps, for the price! Thanks for the tip

Yes, thanks, I also picked up a dozen earlier this week.

I grabbed my six. My Lowes has them @$8.98 ea if you buy two you almost paid what six are selling for.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    I grabbed my six. My Lowes has them @$8.98 ea if you buy two you almost paid what six are selling for.
    Dang. That’s a really great price. I came across these yesterday and picked up 12 of them to supplement my small clamp needs. I had been only buying the German made Bessey’s and avoiding the made in china ones but figure for these smaller clamps these should work well. They seem to be pretty well made. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    I purchased a dozen or so of the wooden handles Jorgies about 10 years ago....3 and 4 footers. I could never figure out how to keep them from camming out when tightened...I gave up and moved on to Pony pipe clamps and have never looked back. The mostly new bar clamps are stored away somewhere, I probably should sell them. Anyone else encounter the camming problem with these?
    Wonder if it is because they don’t have the grooves cut into the bar? Looks like the bar is slick in the picture.

Blog Entries
    I go to both Home Depot and Lowes. Sometimes I find items at one store and not the other.
    They are five minutes apart.
    Some times I go to Michaels as well.

Edwin,

Thanks for the tip - I picked up a set this afternoon. I don't often shop at Lowe's - they're on the other side of town, and considerably less convenient to get to than HD.

Lowe's web site said they had 11 sets in stock, but I looked all over the tool department and couldn't find them. I finally asked someone, and he said they were probably in a special display "somewhere." He looked in the computer system - no info. I trailed him through the entire tool department again, and then up and down a few aisles of building materials before we stumbled onto them. The little display had the original price, and no indication they were on sale, but they rang up correctly at the register.

I'm spoiled by HD. When their web site says my local store has something in stock, I can have them text me the aisle and bin number, and I can walk straight to it when I go to the store.

Found them in my store store on the end cap of the plumbing section. No where near tools. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ragatz View Post
    Edwin,

Thanks for the tip - I picked up a set this afternoon. I don't often shop at Lowe's - they're on the other side of town, and considerably less convenient to get to than HD.

Lowe's web site said they had 11 sets in stock, but I looked all over the tool department and couldn't find them. I finally asked someone, and he said they were probably in a special display "somewhere." He looked in the computer system - no info. I trailed him through the entire tool department again, and then up and down a few aisles of building materials before we stumbled onto them. The little display had the original price, and no indication they were on sale, but they rang up correctly at the register.

I'm spoiled by HD. When their web site says my local store has something in stock, I can have them text me the aisle and bin number, and I can walk straight to it when I go to the store.

When I shop for little stuff at lowes, I often do buy online-pick up at store. They pull the items and have it waiting at the pick-up desk. Takes an hour or two, but that's rarely an issue. Then no need to hunt for it at the store.

I do love the HD system of aisle and bin number; wish menards had that!