Thread: chalkboard paint

chalkboard paint

Anybody use the paint/roll-on stuff from Rust-Oleum or Krylon?

Leaning more to the Rust-Oleum brand because that comes in both black and green. But I may be over-ruled and the green thrown out after a judges ruling.

Plan is to make a custom chalkboard for a sort of narrow kitchen pantry door. 1/4" MDF or masonite covered in the goop. Then tastefully framed so that the frame matches the (future) kitchen trim.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

I've rolled on the black Rust oleum before. I made a couple of "artist centers" for my daughter and niece. The pieces I rolled were approx. 30" square. It was super easy to apply and worked very well. I know there were many times a damp rag was used to clean the chalk buildup that an eraser could not handle.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

i too have used it. i did two of my cabinet doors in my shop/garage. i used them all the time for wood working dimensions and notes about mowers, ect.
    even submitted it to wood magazine as shop tip. we have large framed chalk board my wife did, in our pantry, that we use for grocery list.

Followup question : anybody use Rustoleum's magnetic paint UNDER the chalk paint? Or any other brand of magnetic primer?
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.