Thread: Frank Klausz bench hardware

Frank Klausz bench hardware

I'm getting ready to start building my third klausz style bench (last two were in the mid 90's) I cannot seem to find a good source for the vice hardware? I know it's in this forum somewhere?? Both sources I used 20 years ago are long gone. I moved to the Northwest from the mid atlantic; so I'm also trying to determine if Fir is hard enough for the top of this style bench? Any thoughts out there?
    Where did I put those band aids?

Quote Originally Posted by Dueane Hicks View Post
    I'm getting ready to start building my third klausz style bench (last two were in the mid 90's) I cannot seem to find a good source for the vice hardware? I know it's in this forum somewhere?? Both sources I used 20 years ago are long gone. I moved to the Northwest from the mid atlantic; so I'm also trying to determine if Fir is hard enough for the top of this style bench? Any thoughts out there?
    Don't know if the fir will suffice, that's your call.
    Good news Veritas makes a shoulder vice and tailvice screw and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Good luck with the build, making a Klausz myself, well just preparing timbers for it ATM, gonna have a 4" top throughout though.
    so it will take some pondering when the time comes.

Tom

I found some Eastern hard maple for 7.00 a board foot for 8/4. At over a hundred board feet, that's way over my budget. I just keep my eye out.
    Where did I put those band aids?