Thread: What and where can I find small wiring connectors (pics incld'd)

What and where can I find small wiring connectors (pics incld'd)

I have a hand held dog tracking receiving and the antenna broke.

See the picture. This wire connector connects the the receiver to the antenna.

Do any of you know the name of this connector or where I can find a replacement.

thanksDSC_3096[1].jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Joe Minoux,

I've never seen that particular connector, but if any company has them, it 's Mouser Electronics:

https://www.mouser.com

> But, beware, the site may induce dizziness, the I/O connector listings alone are 217 pages with at least 20-25 listings per page.

I'm not sure , but they may have a help/support center to which the photos can be sent and they would know what it is.

Alan

Thanks Alan. I will start looking..
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Blog Entries
    I can't help with the connector, but, I lost the antenna of my electronic dog collar transmitter and found that any antenna with a matching thread works just as well. When I returned home I was able to order a replacement from the company that made the collar.

I think they all work in the same frequency band so all the antennas should be about the same internally.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

https://www.amazon.com/U-FL-RP-SMA-P...33918361&psc=1

I can’t see enough of the connectors (the faces) to be definitive, but it looks like an SMA on the one end. Does the one in the link look like it?
    Last edited by John Stankus; 08-12-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I can't help with the connector, but, I lost the antenna of my electronic dog collar transmitter and found that any antenna with a matching thread works just as well. When I returned home I was able to order a replacement from the company that made the collar.

I think they all work in the same frequency band so all the antennas should be about the same internally.
    Lee, my hand held receiver is a discontinued Sportdog TEK 1.0 The antenna is fine and the receiver works fine without the antenna. My English pointer likes to run pretty far out, however, we are going into our tenth hunting season together so I she doesn't run nearly as far as she did when she ws 3 or 4.

I broke the connector and the Sportdog customer service was no help.

Thanks for that frequency info. That helps a lot with my search.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/U-FL-RP-SMA-P...33918361&psc=1

I can’t see enough of the connectors (the faces) to be definitive, but it looks like an SMA on the one end. Does the one in the link look like it?
    Yes, I believe, after doing a lot of searching, the connector is SMA on one side and AMC4(??) on the other end. I dont know beans about this terminology.

Thanks for the help Lee and John.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post

You wear an electronic dog collar? Gosh, I thought my wife was strict, but you’ve got me beat!

Blog Entries
    Not positive, but try looking for SMA female to IPX WiFi extension cable. I think that may be your match.