Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best reason ever for owning a bandsaw

Best reason ever for owning a bandsaw

For when you need to make a simple straight cut and your tablesaw is indisposed!

IMG_0719.jpg

So true, but wait until both the table saw and the bandsaw are indisposed and you end up making the cut with a handsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    So true, but wait until both the table saw and the bandsaw are indisposed and you end up making the cut with a handsaw.
    At that point Ted, what is needed is the fabrication of a push block.

Use said push block to push all that crap into the dustbin, problem solved...............Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    ...Use said push block to push all that crap into the dustbin...
    ....This....
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

My rule is NOTHING....EVER..... is set on the table saw. It is not a bench and I will not risk something getting spilled on it. Both dear hubby and our son understand this rule is non-negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    My rule is NOTHING....EVER..... is set on the table saw. It is not a bench and I will not risk something getting spilled on it. Both dear hubby and our son understand this rule is non-negotiable.
    Same. I never use mine as a table or work top.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

"My rule is NOTHING....EVER..... is set on the table saw. It is not a bench and I will not risk something getting spilled on it."

Me too.
    100%.
    I never* violate this rule.

* read, perpetually.

Being inflexible on good rules is a sure sign of competence ....and at least a "good indicator" that you have 10 fingers !

My rule is NOTHING....EVER..... is set on the table saw...
    Normally this is how mine is treated. But, when I am preparing to do large, complex glue-ups, virtually all the horizontal surfaces in my shop, including my 3 full size table saws, are first covered in polyurethane sheeting and then used as work tables for spreading epoxy glue on the components.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

I’m the same way when it come to my machines. I admit some of my reasons are superstitious.
    My most coveted machine surface is my jointer.
    Right now on my tablesaw I have three tool rolls of carving chisels open. They deserve the right to be there very precious to me.
    Good Luck
    Aj

11. Is that a printer?

Not sure what kind of jointer you have, but for me getting a 12 inch wide jointer really improved my storage space.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    My most coveted machine surface is my jointer.
    Good Luck
    Sounds like me. My jointer is in my little barn out back due to space limitations in the garage shop. Every horizontal surface in the barn is full... except my 10" Oliver jointer.

My rule is NOTHING....EVER..... is set on the table saw.
    Henceforth, this shall be known as "Lisa's rule"!! However, if I was Lisa's dear hubby I would make double sure that small objects of undetermined origin and dubious character would occasionally and mysteriously appear on the table saw. Just often enough to make her suspect that shop gnomes really exist.

Ted, you have just coined "gnome-men-clutter"

Time to clean the shop Mark!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”