Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Single Phase Conversion for Edgebander...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kugler View Post
    ...I am noticing there's a definite lack of single phase options for quality edgebanders...
    Just sayin': Pretty much all our smaller edgebanders are available in single-phase.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Yep, I am aware...

Ahh, to have Felder money... life would be a dream... ;-)

(Seriously though, although I appreciate the sentiment, my banding requirements are *just* enough to require a machine of some sort. The one I was looking at was for sale for $4800 cdn...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kugler View Post
    Yep, I am aware... Ahh, to have Felder money... life would be a dream... ;-).(Seriously though, although I appreciate the sentiment, my banding requirements are *just* enough to require a machine of some sort. The one I was looking at was for sale for $4800 cdn...)
    Here's my 2-cents, zero sales shtick. I would tell you the exact same thing if I were still with Minimax: If you truly need a bander but can't afford a stand-alone unit, go for a handheld model. I would not buy any stand-alone bander that did not use sawblade for front and end trimming. The guillotine-only ones are cheap but that guillotine doesn't give a clean edge for very long. Soon enough, you are back to trimming by hand and then, why did you pay all that money to begin with? Also, I would avoid used/auction banders, no matter how good the deal. Rare that they do not come with "issues", which could cost as much as a new machine to repair. Hope this helps,

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep