Hi, I am relatively new to the forum, and i hope I am posting this in the correct place.

I have stumbled upon a fairly good deal on a Virutex eb140 PLC edgebander: (http://www.<span style="font-family:...el.aspx</span>)

I have seen it run, and am sufficiently impressed with the results. It looks like something that would fit nicely into my expanded shop plans.

Unfortunately, it is a 3 phase 220v, and my shop is only equipped with single phase 220v. I am relatively new to this game, and have never been a wizard with electrical wiring.

Is a rotary phase converter the only option to make this work in my shop? Or is there another option I am missing? I am guessing a VFD or static converter would not work (because of the loss of control and loss of power respectively).

I currently have no other use for a RPC, and if I add the purchase of one to the cost of this edgebander, it is no longer a deal worth pursuing, or at least warrants a pause for thought.

Please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong section. i am new here, and the deal is time sensitive. i would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Thanks,

Will