Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil stain in my shirt

Blog Entries

Oil stain in my shirt

Got some oil stain (cherry) in (on) my white checkered shirt. Tryed all shop fluids, citrus cleaner, goop, no luck. Any ideas. The shirt is cotton blend. Help!!

i know wear my shop coat! Or take off my shirt!
    Last edited by Charles Grauer; 08-10-2019 at 8:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Grauer View Post
    i know wear my shop coat! Or take off my shirt!
    +1.............
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

If you really liked that shirt order a new one.

John

Buy a bar of Fels Naptha soap and rub it into the stain— wash. If the stain is still there, rub more in and wash again. Works for most stains. But—— if you have already washed and DRIED your shirt.....do what John (above) says. Drying locks in the stain forever.

Blog Entries
    Where can I purchase this soap, Fels Naptha soap??

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Grauer View Post
    Where can I purchase this soap, Fels Naptha soap??
    When I just googled it, several local and online stores come up. Doesnt look like you'll have much trouble finding it.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Thank you for very useful information. Going to Walmart to try there. Home Depot here doesn’t carry it.

Blog Entries
    I think I’m going to bring out a line of shirts for messy woodworkers, There will be one with cherry stain blotches, one with walnut Stain blotches, one for red oak, You get the idea. It may not help guys like me as I would have the wrong shirt on. But there could be a combo shirt also. I guess that may be where camouflage clothes came from. Maybe they could have a SMC emblem on them as well. O’well so it goes!!

A pair of scissors will do the trick...
    Ed

Oxyclean???

Blog Entries
    Good idea.

Blog Entries
    Worth a try. Nothing else worked. The shirt must have some polyester in it. Oil attracts oil.

It might look like I'm wearing a shirt when I'm working, but really, I'm breaking in new shop rags. If one gets damaged beyond being useful on my back, the white T-shirt joins others in the shop rag box. By then, they've been washed enough times to be rid of all the lint.

Have you tried spraying various solvents through it ?

Spray gun nozzle right up against the cloth ?

Test on shirttail or inconspicuous part first.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Now you have a dedicated shirt for stain work.