Thread: Bench Buffer Wheels?

Question Bench Buffer Wheels?

I bought an Eastwood 1/2hp, 8", 3450rpm buffer motor. I've read quite a bit on buffer wheels.

I figure I'll need a spiral woven, a loose and maybe a felt. I plan on using them for many things but the first job is a True Oil finish on a guitar neck.
    Later I expect to use them for guitar finishes as well as turnings.

Any suggestions on brands and sourcing?

Thanks Much,

dj

dj - My husband buffs powder coated and painted items primarily. Though the brands are not specified, we found McMaster-Carr to be a great source for both the various wheels and the compounds. I've never received a poor quality product from them.

Thanks Lisa...Gave McMaster-Carr a look and think I'll order from them first.

To have different types to play with, to see what will work for you, this kit is pretty good. I forget where I bought mine from, it's been so long ago, but I believe this is the kit I started with: https://www.pjtool.com/polishing/pol...shing-kit.html

Check to be sure buffing wheels will work at 3450 rpm. I like to buff with the 8" Beale wheels at 1800 rpm of less on my lathe, about 1800 rpm for Tripoli and 1200 for wax.