Quote Originally Posted by Rob Charles View Post
I purchased a used Festool TF55 saw, tracks & associated equipment earlier this year at an estate liquidation at an attractive price. I was not in the market for anything Festool or for a track saw. But... the price was a no -brainer. I find that I really do like the saw & system and use it much more than I thought I would & find that I now rely on the saw and system. I am happy to see Darcy's comment above that he "beats the crap out" of his Festool stuff as the saw "feels" a bit fragile to me when compared to my other saws & equipment that I am familiar with. Perhaps it is simply that I am not used to that much plastic on a tool. With that said & liking the saw, it something happened to it, I would be hard pressed to replace it at the retail cost. A properly priced good/very good condition used saw I would definitely buy.
I won't say that I "beat the crap" out of my Festool tools, but then I do try not to beat on any tools.
I have been using my TS 75 to repair my roof and front porch this past few weeks. Lot's of "rough" cutting up on the roof and on sawhorses in the front yard.
A tip; If you turn it upside down to cut through true 2x10's, the dust collection doesn't work very well. Wear a mask and face shield.