Thread: Exhaus ventilation for Trotec Rayjet 300

Exhaus ventilation for Trotec Rayjet 300

Hello, I´m novice here. I´d like to kindly ask you for help... I´m going to buy older machine Trotec Rayjet 300 and need to solve the ventilation out of the building. The suction duct will be less then 2m... Will be the chineese blower 0,75kW, 230V, 50Hz, 1140 m3/h and pressure 1800 Pa enough for that? Thank you.

Antonin

Welcome to SMC. Where are you located?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Czech republic

1140 cm3 is 670 CuFt per minute, that's plenty of air movement for that machine.

Just be sure the blower is OUTSIDE, so that all moving air from laser to outdoors is in a negative pressure (vacuum) condition. Worst case scenario with this setup is some extra air may be REMOVED from the room along with the laser exhaust.

If the blower is INSIDE, all moving air within the blower itself and all vent plumbing beyond the blower will be in a positive pressure condition, leading to laser exhaust being pushed back into the room...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I am partial to inline blowers that can be mounted inside. They are quiet and efficient--but maybe a little more expensive.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thank you for replies... I´m afraind I cannot install the blower outside the building. I´m so sorry for stupid questions, but does it mean I cannot use it? So could you advise me please which blower to use indoor and with this machine? Some less powerfull? Or different type? I´m right by the outside wall with the machine, so I just need to blow exhaust through the wall opening outside wchich is just next to the machine...

Antonin

The blower you described will be much more than you need and will probably do two things. One, it's likely to be very noisy and two, it will probably suck all the warm air out of the room.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

OK, thanks. Understand. What would you say about this? Would it be better choice?
    https://www.bernardo.at/en/rv-203.html

I believe that would work but it would be good to know the db rating.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7