Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rationalization list

You don't need it if you need help with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grund View Post
    Damn, you must’ve walked in to my house.
    Armed with ambitious plans for a simple kitchen rearrangement, starting when my wife was 6 months pregnant was not a smart idea at all. 19 months later and #2 here within the last couple months, it realllly wasn’t a smart move 
    The kitchen is fully functional, just missing a few doors and a backsplash, so not a complete failure. Time; it’s a scarce thing
    Copious quantities of ambition and notions of productivity usually abound for all of us when we are either trying to irrationally rationalize a purchase we know in our heart of hearts isnt wise, or when we are just on a day where the world feels great, or (and this is the worst) we are somehow trying to con ourselves into the notion that we are either saving money, or if were not saving money at least we will wind up spending the same but having the tools.

One of my favorites is the notion that if you just buy all the stuff (tools and materials) your 90% of the way there. Its kinda like the person who buys a new house and in their uncontrollable excitement to go all HGTV on something gets a bit carried away with a sledge hammer and a pry bar and before they know it they are standing in an entire floor of bare studs and then are like "what... did... I.... just.... do".

Hahaha, no I did not. Maybe he never left the garage after the machine got delivered.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep